But before you all start sending me your pennies, there is a happy ending - I am thankful, thankful, THANKFUL for good health insurance! Somehow back in March of 2010 when I started my job I chose a health insurance plan that was the right one! My cost for the lovely scar on my neck? $267.63
I went back to work yesterday. I worked until 1 pm, came home and took a nap, and then went to the gym. I am trying to force myself (gently) into my usual routine, so I am trying to do some light workouts this week to get used to that whole exercise thing again. Work is... work. It is basically the same as it was three weeks ago. I didn't miss anything exciting and fortunately my accounts are not very busy right now so it's a good time to ease back into it all. Next week I'll be back full time, but it is a 4-day week so that's even better!
I hung out with Jack and Jude on Friday and while I was there I told Jack that I had a really fun game to play with him and it involved eating crackers. He was intrigued. We hadn't had a chance to play before Michael got home, so Michael got to join in on the fun too. I brought a sleeve of Saltines and we all attempted to eat 10 saltines in 60 seconds. No liquids allowed! Michael did the best of all but none of us came close. Jack loved the game and even did a great job of cleaning up his crumbs (he swept them right off the table onto the floor).
This was supposed to be a video but our camera woman (Emily) didn't change the setting to video. Oh, well... I started laughing at the beginning and them choked on the crumbs so it wouldn't have been a very good video anyway. We got a photo at the start and at the end:
| GO! |
| STOP! See my pile? Not even close. Michael had 2 crackers left, plus what was in his mouth. Jack had a very admirable performance (even though he took a bite before we told him to start). |
That's all I've got for today. Thanks for reading, whoever is still out there.
xoxo
-g
DANG! My guess was WEAK. And of course, Nasa would win the contest...
ReplyDeleteSo so so SO thankful for good health insurance! Seriously! Praise Jesus for that. Miss you, love you!
I'm reading. And you should fire that camera woman.
ReplyDeleteThe lack of submissions and general comments is due to the overchallenging "word" recognition test that we endure to prove to google that we are not robots. Sometimes I have to take it twice. Or three times.
Emily, I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone in having to take the robot test multiple times! If websites keep making it harder, I'm never going to be able to log in to anything!
ReplyDeleteWe are in need of an updated blog post, please.
ReplyDelete