Today is Wednesday - last week at this time I was totally conked out in the OR! I am feeling good. The Comfort Wedge is helping me sleep better, and I have even been able to sort of sleep a little bit on my side (with the help of another support pillow). I haven't taken any pain meds OR had a daytime nap since Sunday. My neck is still tight, but not nearly as sore or stiff as it was a couple of days ago. My incision area is still a little numb, so hopefully those nerves will reconnect themselves soon.
My parents left Denver early this morning (early as in they came into say goodbye to me at 3:45 am). I'm not sure what I would have done without them this past week - they are the best! Between keeping my company in the hospital, cooking, cleaning, shopping and medicine reminders, they were lifesavers. Mom felt good about leaving me since I had a couple of good days and am able to do more on my own now. However, now I don't have to fight them for the remote and I won't turn the TV on to see it's been changed to Fox News.... again.
I know you are just dying to know what is going on with the Sky Fort. Well, the final pieces were screwed into place yesterday and the ribbon cutting ceremony took place around 1 pm. Here are the boys cutting the ribbon:
Lellie and I went over to see it and it's pretty impressive. It also smells nice since the cedar is still new and fresh. Will and Jack's neighbors are already excited to come over and play.
| Will and Jack, the commanders of the Sky Fort |
| Pop, glad to be finished |
Today is Jude's 1st birthday so I hope that his brothers are outside playing all day so that he can play with his new toys in peace.
In other news, I finished the first shaft of Saltines yesterday. 1 down, 11 to go.
In other, other news, I downloaded a new app last night called Pillboxie. It is going to remind me when to take all of my medicine since my mom is no longer here to do so in person. It's much cuter than carrying around one of those MTWTFSS pill boxes. I will let you know how I like it.
Also, I forgot to share this tip with you all - if you should ever find yourself in the hospital (which I hope you don't), you will find that it seems to take a long time for your doctors to come see you. I know they are busy and have lots of patients, but sometimes it just takes forever. So, here's a tip to make them come faster: turn off the lights, pull your covers up, get as comfortable as you can in your bed, and close your eyes. The second you fall asleep - boom! Doctor will be knocking on your door. It's a fool-proof trick that works every time.
Today I have a busy day of daytime television (so far I'm not impressed), 30 Rock Season 1 episodes, iPad games, and a showing of Julie & Julia. I might try to squeeze a crossword puzzle in there too. Whew! Happy Wednesday, everyone.
-g
No comments:
Post a Comment