Saturday, August 11, 2012

home.

Good news - I was discharged today and left the hospital at 5 pm.   I am home and feeling pretty good - have had a headache all day and expect that to continue, but the drainage tubes, dressings, and IV were all removed before I left the hospital so I am no longer connected to anything.  I have a full regimen of calcium, vitamin D, Vicodin, and Synthroid (thyroid hormone) to take until my follow up visit with the surgeon, I cannot lift more than 10 lbs for 2 weeks (guess that means no Crossfit), and I can't drive until I can comfortably turn my head all the way.  Right now I feel a little like Frankenstein and it still feels like there's a dumbbell tied around a string and hung from my neck, but my muscles should recover with time.  Otherwise, there are no major restrictions so it will just be relaxing until I feel up to doing some more normal activities.  

There were more flowers and gifts awaiting me at home - you people are unbelievable, really.  Thank you!!  

I am so thankful for a quick recovery (so far) and for such good care in the hospital, from the doctors and nurses and from my mom and dad, Emily, and Krystal who all spent more time than they had hoped in room 814.  Thank you for your continued prayers!


Here is a view of my hospital experience in photos:
(out of order because I can't figure out how to reorder them)
drainage collectors that were pinned to my gown for 3 days (not at all awkward or annoying).

This morning I had 4 new visitors (checking out the construction in progress outside of my window).

My dressings for the first three days - the nurses went to town and kept putting layers of this Saran wrap sticky stuff over the drainage tubes.
biohazard baby
painful IV in right hand
my view on Friday
my view on Thursday              

No comments:

Post a Comment