The final stitches are in. Gretchen's surgery was a marathon 11.5 hours long. The surgeon updated us around 7 pm. The pesky tumor had embedded itself around various nerves, muscles and other neck parts that are rather important. The surgeon showed us some photos on his iPhone and he had his work cut out for him. (excuse the pun.) In the end, Dr. Raeburn was confident that he was able to remove all of the cancer and the lymph nodes successfully. We are so thankful for that!
My mom and I are waiting in Gretchen's room for her to arrive. My parents were able to see her briefly in post-op. She was in pain and rather uncomfortable. I think tonight will be a long night for both G and my mom. We thank the Lord for all of you, your prayers, and for His watchful eye over Gretchen. I'm reminded of Psalm 121.
1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
Praying for a restful night. Sleep well G.
ReplyDelete