Monday, August 20, 2012

weekend.

This weekend, I was fortunate enough to have one of my BFFs visit me!  Theresa and I met exactly 13 years ago when we moved into our freshman dorm room in Dodds Hall at Miami University.  We were lucky that we liked each other and became best buds!  Theresa got married last year, lives in Albany with her husband Joe and dog Bailey, and is expecting a baby in December!  Between Theresa and me, our activity options were limited this weekend, but we still managed to have a great time.  We ate a lot, shopped a little, slept in, got pedicures, and I taught Theresa how to download games onto her iPad so that we can play together.  I think Baby D liked the mountain air because every morning when we woke up we could tell he she had grown bigger overnight!


Pedicures!  No lame pinks or reds here... green, blue, and orange!

Perhaps the most exciting news of the weekend is that we used an entire shaft of Saltines to make a dessert for a BBQ on Saturday.  That means I'm down to ten packs left.  Here is Theresa finishing our heath bars:
Thanks to Jackie Locola for this recipe in 1997.
Do you know what else we did?  We made bacon... in the oven!  I read awhile ago about baking bacon but never got around to trying it, so this weekend I finally tried it.  I highly recommend this cooking method. It's easy and you don't have to stand at the stove watching it.  You also don't get grease splattered all over the stove.  It is also good for making large quantities of bacon (yum...).  You should try it!  Line a baking dish with foil (for easy clean-up), lay your bacon slices in there, turn the oven on to 400 and put your dish in (yes, before it's preheated).  Come back in about 15 minutes and your bacon will be cooking away.  Bacon makes everything better.

Overall, I am feeling great.  My neck is still a little numb to the touch but overall I am feeling really good!  My incision is looking better and better every day.  I'll show you a picture... stay tuned!  I am working on getting my energy levels back so that I will be prepared when I have to go to work for a full day next week (yikes!).  My follow up appointment with Dr. Raeburn is on Thursday so I'll know more then about what I'm cleared to do activity-wise.  

Scar pictures to come in my next post... like it or not.

-g

No comments:

Post a Comment